SRP Flex EV Charge FAQ
- What is SRP EV Flex Charge?
- SRP EV Flex Charge is a pilot program offered by SRP designed to help EV owners earn money while charging at home, and allowing SRP to make brief adjustments to their charging schedule and speed to help manage impacts on the electrical system during periods of high electric demand. By participating in the program, you are helping SRP study the potential for new technologies to manage energy demand on the electrical system during “peak hours,” which occur when energy usage dramatically increases. The SRP EV Flex Charge program seeks to take some of the strain off the grid during those busier times of the day to avoid costly upgrades to the electrical system. This will help SRP maintain reliability and affordability for all SRP customers.
- With SRP EV Flex Charge, you can earn $200 for enrolling your qualifying Level 2 charger and agreeing to let SRP make brief adjustments to your charger’s energy use during periods of increased electric demand.
- Earn a $50 bill credit each additional year of participation.
- Conservation events can occur any day of the week except on holidays. You will be notified before an event via your charger’s app.
- You can opt out of an event at any time by adjusting your charger back to its normal settings.
- Which EV chargers qualify for the program?
See the chart below for eligible charging equipment. Your charger must be installed and activated with internet connectivity prior to enrollment. Your Wi-Fi connection and EV charger(s) must be connected to your EV charger manufacturer’s account. You must have an account with your EV charger’s manufacturer to enroll in the program. If you do not have one, you will need to establish one prior to enrollment.
Model Name Model Number Type ChargePoint CPH25 (All models) Plug In/Hardwired ChargePoint CPH50-NEMA6-50-L23 Plug In/Hardwired ChargePoint CPH50-NEMA 14-50-L23 Plug In/Hardwired Enel X JuiceBox 32 Plug In/Hardwired Enel X JuiceBox 40 Plug In/Hardwired Enel X JuiceBox 48 Plug In/Hardwired
- Where can I learn more about eligible chargers?
For more information about the charging equipment list above, please visit SRP Marketplace or the manufacturers’ websites. Customers must have one of the chargers listed above to be eligible for the SRP EV Flex Charge program at this time. As chargers from other manufacturers become eligible, we will add them to the list.
- Upon submitting my application, when will I be notified of my status in the program?
- SRP will provide email confirmation of your status in the program. It could take up to four weeks to see an email confirmation of acceptance into the program.
- Participation is limited for this pilot program, as it intends to inform future managed charging programs. SRP may apply additional eligibility criteria to ensure the program studies a diverse mix of vehicle charger manufacturers, models and customer rate plans. SRP reserves the right to accept or deny program applications as needed to achieve the desired mix of participants.
- How will I receive my program incentive?
Program enrollment incentives are paid in the form of bill credits on your SRP electric bill within two billing cycles once you are approved into the program. If you remain in the program, the annual incentive will be paid upon the start of the second year.
- I have two EV chargers at home. Can I enroll both in this program?
Yes, if both chargers qualify for the program. However, there is a limit of two per household.
- Where can I find the terms and conditions for this program?
You can find the program terms and conditions for the EV charger manufacturers here:
- How will I know that a conservation event is in progress?
Depending on the EV charger manufacturer, notifications may appear before or at the start of the event in your web or mobile application.
- How will my EV charger be adjusted during a Conservation Event?
At the start of an event, your charger will be automatically adjusted to delay the vehicle charging. The adjustment will typically last no more than four hours and will not occur on holidays. Once the conservation event is over, your charger will return to its normal operation. You can opt out of an event at any time from your charger manufacturer’s mobile app.
- Will participating in the program negatively impact my vehicle receiving a full charge?
Conservation events will only temporarily delay the vehicle charging for up to a few hours, with minimal impact to the ability for your vehicle to get the charge it needs every day.
- Am I allowed to opt out of conservation events?
Yes. At any time during an event, you can opt out from your charger manufacturer’s web or mobile app.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions about SRP’s EV Flex Charge program?
Call or send an email to SRP’s Connected Home support team at (602) 236-2951 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request to end your participation in the program.
- Will I be notified of events?
ChargePoint provides notifications via email, text message and in-app 24 hours before the event occurs or immediately if the event is scheduled within 24 hours.
- If SRP schedules an event one week out on a Wednesday between 5 and 9 p.m., a participating customer will receive a notification on Tuesday at 5 p.m.
If SRP schedules an event for the same day at 8 a.m. between 5 and 9 p.m., participating customers will receive an immediate alert.
- For more details on setting up ChargePoint notifications, please click here.
- Enel X does not provide notifications prior to an event.
- Can I opt out?
Customers can opt out of events in the following ways:
- Via a weblink opt-out option in the email and text message notifications.
- Via the Home Charger Utility Event section opt-out option in the app.
- Customers can opt out at any time during the event by choosing the “charge now” option in the app or “Override: charge car now” in their online account dashboard.
- What should I expect during an event?
- Participating customers can tap the in-app event notification to turn off participation once the event has started. The customer will remain in the event if no action is taken.
- After receiving the notification, the user can also go to the “Home Charger” in-app screen to opt out of the event.
- The event is always present in the in-app experience.
- When the event is in progress, the charger’s charging status either displays as paused or stopped or at a lower charge rate depending on SRP’s goals for the given demand response event.
- Customers can tap on the “Utility Event” option in-app and turn participation off to continue charging as usual.
- The event will disappear from the in-app screen automatically once it ends. When the charger has a set charging schedule and there is an event during the scheduled charging time, the app screen will update to display when the charger will begin recharging on its set schedule based on the event duration.
- If the user turns the participation toggle off, the charging status updates from the scheduled time it would resume charging to “Not participating.”.
- Customers will not receive notice of an SRP charging event before the event start time but will see a notification during the event in their app and online account dashboard.
- When an SRP event is occurring, customers will be able to see “Smart Charge Event Underway” or “Control Event in Progress” flashing in their app (first screen) and online account dashboard.
- Customers can opt out of an event and start charging immediately by selecting the “Charge Now” option from the “Control” tab in the app or “Override: charge car now” in their online account dashboard.